Last update 28/09/2022
Protecting your privacy, your data, and the data of your customers, is extremely important to us at NxtPort. Our policy is to respect all laws that apply to our business and this includes GDPR, which enters into force on May 25th 2018. Data sharing is our core business, so we do not take GDPR lightly. It is top of mind in everything that we do and develop.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, your privacy or your data, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
“NxtPort”, “we” and “us” refers to NxtPort BV, with registered office at Sint-Pietersvliet 7 in 2000 Antwerp (Belgium). We offer a range of platforms, websites and products. We refer to all of these as "Services" in this policy.
How do we collect your personal data?
When you interact with NxtPort, we collect some information about you. Some of that information may be considered as personal data.
- You provide part of this data directly, for example when you subscribe to our newsletter, register on our platform, subscribe to one of our services, register for one of our events or contact us for support.
- We also collect information about you by recording how you interact with our services, for example by using technologies like cookies, and receiving usage data and error reports from our services.
Which personal data do we collect?
The information you provide to us includes, without limitation:
- Information to personally identify you as a Subscriber, such as your name, email address, phone number and job title.
- Information to identify your company, such as company name, line of business, billing details and contact information.
- Billing and financial information, such as credit card number, expiration date and billing address to secure payments, as well as bank account information to facilitate payments
The information we automatically collect includes, without limitation:
- Information about your use of our Services, such as the requests that you send to our services and the answers that you receive from our services.
How do we use your personal data?
- To provide you with access and use: If you provide Personal Data in order to obtain access to or use of the Services, we use your Personal Data to provide you with access to or use of the Services and to analyse your use of the Services. For instance, if you supply information relating to your identity, job title or line of business to use certain Services, we will use that information to make a decision as to granting you access to use those Services and to assess your ongoing qualification to use those Services.
- For internal business purposes: We may use your Personal Data for internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help us improve the Services, to better understand our Subscribers, to protect against, identify or address wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms and Conditions, to manage your account and provide you with customer service, and to generally manage the Services and our business.
- To communicate with you about the Services: We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email, telephone and within the Services, including notifying you of access requests, confirming your subscriptions, reminding you of subscription expirations, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages. These communications are part of the Services and in most cases you cannot opt out of them. If an opt out is available, you will find that option within the communication itself or in your account settings.
- To market and promote the Services: We use your contact information and information about how you use the Services to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including by email. These communications are aimed at maximizing what you get out of the Services, including information about new products and features, survey requests, newsletters, and events we think may be of interest to you. You have the right at any time to unsubscribe from marketing communications by clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in the communication or by simple request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To relay messages from other subscriber: We allow subscribers to use our email tools to contact other subscribers for any inquiries, so you may receive emails from our system that originate with such Subscribers and that we send on their behalf. If you have registered on our platform as contact person for other Subscribers, your email address is available to those other Subscribers.
- We do not use your personal data for automated decision-making.
What are your rights as Data Subject?
- To exercise any of your rights as Data Subjects, or if you have any doubts or complaints about how we handle your Personal Data, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
- You have the right at any time to unsubscribe from marketing communications by clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in the communication or by simple request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, or restriction of processing concerning your personal data. You have the right to object to processing. You have the right to withdraw consent. All by sending a simple request to email@example.com.
- You have the right to data portability : you may request to receive all your Personal Data, processed by NxtPort, in a structured format to transmit such data to another controller by simple request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
To whom do we disclose and transfer your personal data?
- No Sale: We are not in the business of selling your Personal Data. It is a vital part of our relationship with you. Therefore, we will not sell your Personal Data to third parties, including third party advertisers.
- To agents, consultants or other service providers: We may share your Personal Data with our contractors and service providers who process Personal Data on behalf of NxtPort to perform certain business-related functions, such as invoicing. Any processing by processors or sub-processors under the control of NxtPort will be done in strict compliance with the GDPR and will be governed by a separate data processing agreement entered into between NxtPort and its Processor(s).
- To other Subscribers:
- If you have registered on our platform as contact person for other Subscribers, your name and email address is available to the other Subscribers.
If you or your company provide data to a NxtPort service, NxtPort may disclose your (company) name, line of business and address on informational and promotional materials, including its websites and product descriptions.
- If you or your company subscribe to consume data through a NxtPort service, NxtPort may disclose your (company) name, line of business and address to the parties providing data to that service. NxtPort may also disclose details on your data usage through the service, to the parties that have provided the data consumed by you.
- For legal requirements: We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law, for example in order to respond to a request from law enforcement, a court or a government agency, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of third parties, to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users of the Services or the public, or to protect against legal liability.
How We Store Your Personal Data
How long do we store your personal data
We retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide you with our Services, or for other important purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
To delete your account, send us the request by email to email@example.com. Keep in mind that even if we delete your Personal Data it may persist on backup or archival media for an additional period of time for legal, tax or regulatory reasons or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
NxtPort as a data controller and a data processor
EU data protection law makes a distinction between organizations that process Personal Data for their own purposes (known as "data controllers") and organizations that process personal data on behalf of other organizations (known as "data processors"). If you have a question or complaint about how your Personal Data is handled, these should always be directed to the relevant data controller since they are the ones with primary responsibility for your Personal Data.
NxtPort may act as either a data controller or a data processor in respect of your Personal Data, depending on the circumstances.
For example, if you create an account on the NxtPort platform, NxtPort will be a data controller in respect of the Personal Data that you provide as part of your account. We will also be a data controller of the Personal Data that we have obtained about your use of the platform or website. We use this to conduct research and analysis to help better understand and serve Users of the Services as well as to improve our platform and provide you with more targeted recommendations about products we think may be of interest to you.
However, if your personal data appears in platform data provided to the NxtPort platform by other Data Providers, we will process that Personal Data only within the scope agreed with the Data Provider. In these circumstances, NxtPort does not decide which Personal Data is included, nor is it responsible for the continued accuracy of any Personal Data provided. Any questions that you may have relating to your Personal Data and your rights under data protection law should therefore be directed to the Data Provider as the data controller, not to NxtPort.
Governing Law - Jurisdiction